If you are hoping to nurture a love of God in your children and to give them a strong moral compass, you’ve come to the right place. Our aim is that children will connect with Christ as they hear about the love of Jesus and the Word of God, through the power of the Holy Spirit.
At NPC, we have a “critical mass” of children and youth of all ages. Your child will make friends his or her own age, and find a Sunday School class tailored to his or her age. Our dedicated volunteer teachers follow carefully selected curricula that are Biblically based and Christ-centered.
Children’s Sunday School classes are taught in the school building during the 9:15 service. (Classes for adults are offered at the same time—we encourage you to learn so you can better teach your child the faith!)
Vacation Bible School (July 8-12, 2013)
School-Year Schedule (September 9, 2012 - June 9, 2013)
9:15 - 10:20, School Building
- Children Younger than Age Two: May go to childcare in the main church building. Please see the childcare page.
- Two’s, Three’s, and Four’s: Are grouped into age-specific classes based on their age on September 30, 2012. They meet in the (school building) rooms 100, 106, and 110 respectively at 9:15. Parent pick-up in classrooms at 10:20.
- Kindergarteners - 5th Graders: Begin in the school gym for chapel at 9:15 with their parents and are dismissed to grade-specific classes at 9:30. Parent pick-up in classrooms at 10:20.
11:15 – 12:00, School Building
- Children Age Four and Under: May go to childcare in the main church building. Please see the childcare page.
- Kindergarteners – 2nd Graders: Begin in worship and are shepherded to church room 106 for a children’s church program. In this program children learn more about worshipping God and specifically the various parts of a worship service, to prepare them to become life-long worshippers. Children are brought back to sanctuary worship service after sermon.
- Third Grade and Up: Are encouraged to attend worship at this time.
Summer Activities (June 7 - August 15)
First Fridays: Family Movie Night
June 7, July 5, August 2
6 p.m., Jones Hall
Bring a blanket, cushions, pillows, or chair; eat before or bring dinner with (we’ll provide a trail mix snack bar for the movie)
Second Sundays: Popsicles on the Playground
June 9, July 14, August 11
11:30 a.m., Lawn by Stone Hall
Stay and play a while on the lawn outside of Stone Hall. We’ll have popsicles for you!
Third Thursdays: “Morning Recess”
June 20, July 18, August 15
11 a.m.-1 p.m., Youth House/Yard
NPC kids and friends, come play outdoor games, bring a sack lunch.
Weekly Wednesdays: 4th & 5th Grade Bible Study
Every week June 19 - Aug 14
4-5 p.m., Agencies Building basement
Activities, service projects, Bible study for rising 4th & 5th Graders.
Photo © Karen Elliott Greisdorf Photography