There are many ways for you to serve the city! Look below for volunteer opportunities or, if you need help finding a project that matches your gifts and schedule, contact Sally Steele , Outreach Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org , 202.537.7503. Click here to join the Outreach e-mail list.
National hosts many yearly and ongoing events for local and international missions including sandwich making for the homeless each month and a Mission Gifts Market during the Christmas season. Check the calendar to see what’s coming up next. For upcoming events and applications, find registration forms here.
Ways to Serve Our City
Food and Hunger Relief
- Deliver food to the homeless via McKenna’s Wagon, Martha’s Table’s mobile soup kitchen. NPC volunteers run the van the first Friday of the month, 4:30-6:30 p.m.
Make sandwiches for the homeless –every other month at NPC after the 9:15 and 11am services.
Donate food for Martha’s Table or Central Union Mission. Collection baskets are located near the information table outside the main sanctuary, and near the bookstore outside Stone Hall.
Bring dinner to kids in the Unique Learning Center’s after-school program.
Children and Youth
- Tutor in the Unique Learning Center’s after-school program.
- Help with a teen bible study through Unique Learning Center.
- Work with children at Martha’s Table Day Care 9:30am – 1pm weekdays.
- Bring dinner to a resident of NPC’s transitional apartment through Friendship Place.
- Volunteer at Friendship Place’s Welcome Center (a drop-in center with services for homeless individuals).
NPC’s Local Mission Partners
Mission partners are carefully selected by the NPC Urban Mission Team, in coordination with the Outreach Committee. Partners receive funding, prayer support and volunteer support from the church.
Martha’s Table (Food/Education/Clothing)
Community Council for the Homeless at Friendship Place (Housing/Job Placement/Medical Services)
Unique Learning Center (Children and Youth)
Central Union Mission (Shelter/Food)
DC Habitat (Habitat for Humanity) (Housing)